- Going on a juice fast is beneficial for the digestive system, as it gives rest to the functioning of the body system. Vegetable and fruit juices can be easily digested without much effort and loss of energy. At the end of the fast, you will feel rejuvenated and fresh, since it acts as an energy booster.
- This kind of fasting is beneficial, as it increases the rate of metabolism and helps in the breakdown of fat molecules. In short, it is a low-calorie diet, which can aid in weight loss in an effective manner in a short period.
- The vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that are found in fruits and vegetables are easily assimilated in the body during the fast. It is also beneficial in the prevention of infections like cold and flu. It can also act as a remedial measure to reduce the risk of getting cancer.
- Though in the initial stages of the fast, many individuals may complain of discomfort and hunger, once they get used to this fast, they may experience high levels of energy.
- As mentioned earlier, it is a natural way of detoxification. This diet helps in expelling the toxins and waste from the body. This fasting also helps rejuvenate the cells and triggers the production of healthy cells.
- The individual may experience extreme hunger, fluctuations in the blood sugar levels, and feel light-headed.
- Since fruits like orange, and tomato are consumed, it may increase the levels of acid in the body, resulting in acid reflux.
- Constipation may also be a common complaint, since fruit juices are devoid of fiber, required for adding bulk to the stool.
- Juices can also interact with certain drugs and medicines.
- Tomatoes, medium-sized, 3
- Red bell pepper, ½
- Onion, small, ¼
- Garlic cloves, 2
Wash the tomatoes and cut them into large chunks. Dice half red pepper and onion. Transfer the cut vegetables into the blender jar and add 2 cloves of garlic. Blend them together until all the vegetables are pureed.
- Carrots, 3
- Beetroot, ½
- Tomato, 1
- Celery stalk, 1
- Swiss chard, 3
- Watercress, 4 sprigs
- Lettuce, ½ head
- Garlic cloves, 3 to 4
Wash all the vegetables and cut them. Put them together into a juicer and blend thoroughly. Strain the juice in a tall glass and enjoy. You can even add a sprig of mint for garnish.
- Apple, 1
- Watermelon, 1 slice
- Orange, ½
- Pineapple concentrate, 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Pomegranate, ½
Combine all the fruits and blend them together, until they are thoroughly mixed. You can even add fruits of your choice in this recipe. Pour this juice in a tall glass and garnish it with a lemon wedge.