Uses of the Juice
- Calamansi juice can be used to marinate fish, chicken and vegetables.
- It can be used to make acid beverages.
- It can be used to make salads, desserts, pies and tart sauce.
- It is also used as an emulsifier along with gum tragacanth.
Benefits of the Juice
- It is a great tonic for the liver.
- It is known to help prevent diabetes.
- It aids in prevention and cure of osteoarthritis.
- It can serve as a laxative, when diluted in warm water.
- It is taken as a medicine for cough, it helps expel phlegm.
- It maintains kidney health and helps to get rid of foul urine odor.
- It is useful in curbing the development of atherosclerosis.
- It is helpful in dealing with a hangover.
Serving Size: 27 ml
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Nutritional Information: Like all other citrus fruits, calamansi juice is high in vitamin C. It also has vitamin A and iron. Based on a 2,000 calorie diet, it gives 4% of the daily requirement of vitamin A , 2% of calcium and 2% of iron. The juice provides 100% of the daily requirement of vitamin C.
- 10 calamondin
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 cups water
Put slices of ginger in 2 cups of water and let it boil for about 5 minutes. Pour this water into a cup. Cut calamondin fruit into halves and squeeze it into the cup. Add sugar or honey for taste.